Friday 28 February 2014

February's Love Tune-Up - Sweet Thanks


 I have chosen to focus on my Marriage in February. Naturally just around St Valentine's Day! I spend a lot of my time with Ricardo (approximately 96 hours a week). So naturally a huge chunk of my happiness would come from being with him and what kind of energy we feed off each other. "20 Marriage Tips Everyone Needs to Know" an article written by a recently divorced gentleman (link below). Which I found to be incredibly profound with so much #truth.
Goal: ALWAYS SEE THE BEST in her. Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love. Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.
Thank you for the laughs...

for working so hard for the life we have...
Heart Vision
The Secret, by author Rhonda Byrne (no I have not joined a cult) claims that the law of attraction is based on our thoughts and visions. We see it, we believe it, and it will come to be. I will bring this forward to my love life. I will envision us through our years as happy, laughing and loving. This will be hard since society paints an ugly picture of relationships being hard work. You know with lines like "the ol'ball and chain" and "enjoy the honeymoon phase!" Who comes with this stuff anyways??
for never giving up on our dreams...

for making me breakfast on YOUR days off...
Fight Right
In any conflict, do you suddenly feel yourself regurgitating the ghost of Christmas past? This is also known as the Crockpot. When all the bad things someone does gets thrown into the Crockpot without a peep. Then it stirs and simmers, sometimes months at a time and then finally the big blowup..you are then both sitting there looking at each other angrily with absolutely ZERO solutions to whatever you were fighting for in the first place! In order to get my happy vision with Ricardo in gear I will need to bring up one difficult topic at a time. The big challenge is, I will have to do this without putting him down and without blowing up. Easier said than done friends!
for giving me my dream home...

for all the adventure...
4 Goods = 1 Bad?
I believe that as negative absorbers unconsciously we tend to hold on to the bad. Even with so much good we just can't seem to let the bad go. So I think how many good times could erase one bad time with Ricardo? Probably a lot. So it would be a good idea to pick and choose my battles. When to be heavy and when to be light. I really want him to look back at our life together as one long nostalgic song going through his head with various scenes of us happy and in love. You know, like in the movies!
for listening when I say "I haven't had popcorn in soo long!"...

for being so generous to my family...
Show Love
The things we do for each other and for the love of our family gets unnoticed. It's part of our daily routine and it just becomes so wired into our brains that it begins to lack purpose. Why are we always taking the garbage outside while the other one has got their butt parked on the couch? We need to revive the purpose in the things that we do for each other. A simple "Thank you for taking out the garbage" is nice and it is one of the courtesies that me and Ricardo have always had to thank each other for things. But sometimes it's not enough, giving us little to no motivation to pick it up and do it again for each other with some guilty comments on the side. Find out which way of showing gratitude works for you. It could be a cute sticky note showing love for the replenished milk in the fridge or even an email/text with a sweet thank you message for the coffee brewed in the morning. Anything that shows them "hi, I really do notice your existence and you did something super nice for me and I totally got your back!"
and for my morning kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment